Almost a year ago, Apple presented us with its new HomePod Mini, which was released at the end of 2020, available in two colors: Space Gray and White. Today, a year later, Apple restrains its smart speaker but with a more cheerful touch in 3 new colors.
New HomePod Mini colors
Apple today introduced the HomePod mini in three new colors: Yellow, Orange and Blue. With a height of only 3.3 inches -An iPhone is usually twice as large-, the HomePod Mini is Apple’s bet to diversify its catalog, expand its Siri user base and clearly compete in its field with Amazon’s Echos.
Using the so-called ‘computational audio ‘ For maximum performance, the device mounts the chip S5 de Apple for “analyze the unique characteristics of music and apply complex tuning models to optimize loudness, adjust dynamic range and control driver movement and passive radiators in real time “. Powered by a neodymium magnet and two passive force-canceling radiators, the Apple-designed full-range driver delivers deep bass and crisp high frequencies.
360 degree immersive audio
Applying the same acoustic principles used to deliver the sound of the HomePod, the HomePod mini features an Apple-designed acoustic waveguide to direct the sound flow downward and toward the bottom of the speaker for a 360-degree immersive audio experience.
This allows customers to place the HomePod mini almost anywhere in a room and hear consistent sound. A three-microphone array hears “Hey Siri,” and a fourth, inward-facing microphone helps isolate sound coming from the speaker to improve voice detection when music is playing.
Assisted by Siri
HomePod mini is designed to work with Apple Music, podcasts, radio stations from iHeartRadio, radio.com and TuneIn, and in the coming months, music services like Pandora and Amazon Music. The HomePod mini’s multiple speakers work together to stream music or podcasts to multiple rooms, all in perfect sync. Placing two HomePod mini speakers in a single room can create a spacious soundstage, filling the space with surround sound.
With the intelligence of Siri, HomePod mini offers a personalized and integrated experience for iPhone clients. Siri can:
- Identify who is speaking
- Tailor music and podcasts to your preferences
- Respond to personal requests, such as accessing messages, reminders, notes, and calendar appointments
- Make and answer phone calls.
With a single request, users can ask Siri “What is my update?” to hear the latest news, weather, traffic, reminders, and calendar appointments. But the best is the integration of HomePod Mini with the Apple ecosystem, making it easy to answer an incoming call, listen to music on your Mac, or enhance your TV experience by taking Apple TV sound to the next level.
When you listen to music on the iPhone, you just have to move your device closer to the HomePod mini and play the music smoothly without interrupting playback. And later on, the experience is further enhanced with visual, auditory, and haptic effects when sound is transferred from one device to another. Personalized listening suggestions will also automatically appear on the iPhone when you’re near the HomePod mini, and instant controls will be available without having to unlock the iPhone.
Home Automation Assistant for connected homes
HomePod mini makes controlling smart home accessories easier with simple voice commands for Siri to turn off the lights, change the temperature, close the doors, or set a scene. The speaker will help you Access smart home accessories while you’re at home or on the go.
The device also offers a new easy intercom feature for you to family members connect with each other at home. One person can send an intercom message from one HomePod to another, whether it’s in a different room, a specific area, or multiple rooms in the house, and their voice it will automatically play on the designated HomePod speaker. The Intercom works with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay, so everyone in the house can receive an Intercom message.
A secure device for user privacy
With HomePod mini, only after “Hey Siri” is recognized locally on the device, or the user activates Siri by touch, will any information be sent to Apple’s servers. The requests “are not associated with the user’s Apple ID, and personal information is not sold to advertisers or other organizations.” HomePod mini works with the iPhone to complete message and note requests on the device without revealing that information to Apple.
- Extended multi-user speech recognition: Starting at the end of this year 2021, Siri will expand support for multi-user voice recognition to all regions where the HomePod mini is available so that everyone in the house can enjoy music tailored to their taste profile, access your own playlists, use Personal Requests, etc.
- Siri Auto Volume: Siri will also automatically adjust the voice volume on the HomePod mini based on the room environment and the user’s volume.
- More diverse voice options for SiriSiri now includes more diverse voice options for English speakers in the United States, so users can choose the voice that speaks to them early on when setting up their device.
- Sound elevation on Apple TV 4K: Users can pair the HomePod mini with the Apple TV 4K to enjoy a powerful sound experience with wide range and high fidelity. Using computational audio, HomePod mini constantly analyzes audio and models performance to deliver crystal clear dialogue.
- Apple TV controls: Together, Siri and HomePod mini power new ways for users to interact with Apple TV. For example, users can ask Siri to turn on the Apple TV, start a show or movie, and control playback.
- Funny sounds: Ask Siri on the HomePod mini what various animals, instruments, or vehicles sound like and Siri will play fun, high-fidelity sound.
- New ways to control smart home devices: Siri can control smart home accessories at specific times, so Siri can turn lights off in 10 minutes or turn on porch lights at dusk.
- Find my: Ask Siri on the HomePod mini to help you locate a lost iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, or AirTag by playing a sound to locate it.
Price and availability
The HomePod mini is available in white, space gray, yellow, orange and blue for $ 99 at apple.com, in the Apple Store application and in Apple Store stores. The device is also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and some vendors (prices may vary).
Customers in Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States will be able to purchase the HomePod mini in November.
The HomePod mini is compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) with iOS 15; iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later; or iPad mini 4 or later with iPadOS 15.
Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and not edited by our team.